Saturday, 23 June 2007

Finally.. a respite

After a fairly hectic week, finally, the weekend is here and I have clocked up an extra few hours of sleep today to make up for the lost hours during the week.

The hectic few days went well, I think. Feeling more relaxed among my overseas and local colleagues - a sort of comaraderie has built up. And the number of press I've met - it's all a big eye opener for me. They're all very friendly, though I feel that the mood in Hong Kong just seemed a little more practised and perfunctory, compared to the genuinity in Beijing. I barely ate and slept these 3 days, but I left with a little satisfaction that I haven't done too badly for myself this time round and that the hard work was worth it.

Now the weekend is here, and what am I going to do? Going to catch a movie with Thomas later - as usual, what do we do most saturdays anyway? I like this slowed down state, though it is just a tiny tad boring. I realised you do have to work on your friends. If you took the easy route out and settled down by yourself most of the time, it's not so easy to call them out as and when you please anymore.

I feel happier, and I hope this feeling will last for a while...

cheers!

No comments: